Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hey hey hey I'm happy to say I won first place in FabricMart's Fabricista Challenge!!

Gertie's pencil skirt and Simplicity 2154

Diane from Gatorbunny Sews took second place and Kathy from Kathy Sews took third.  Everyone, all ten of us, put in a lot of time and hard work to create some beautiful garments.  We are all winners in my book!

For the next 6 months I will be guest posting on the FabricMart blog.  I'm really looking forward to that. Not sure of the topics I will be covering yet but I do know a sewing room tour will be coming up here in the next few weeks so look for that.  Time to tidy up the space!  The other part of the grand prize was a $25 a month fabric allowance for a year. Wooohooo!

I think this weekend I will take a breather from any big projects.  It will be nice to have my weekends free again to do as I please.  I do have one alteration job to finish and then next up for me is to start watching some of the Craftsy classes I've had in my queue for quite some time.  The first one on the list is "Fast Track Fitting" with Joi Mahon.  Look for a review on it soon.

Well it's been real fun peeps! Thanks again for all of your support and lovely comments. And if you were wondering where the term "winner winner chicken dinner" come from as I was here is your answer courtesy of ask.com...

"The phrase "winner winner chicken dinner" actually originated in Las Vegas back in the 1970's. The men working the craps or roulette wheel would shout this phrase to attract more players. Back then the usual bet was $2 which was the same price as a chicken dinner."


You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Congratulations, Shanni! It's such a well-deserved win. All of your contest entries were just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Shanni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! Loved your makes Shanni--way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Shanni! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I enjoyed following your progress, you made some beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! All your makes were fab! ;) Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! By the tome I read your last post, I was too late to vote, so voted telepathically instead which seems to have done the trick! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge congratulations on winning the contest. I have enjoyed following your progress and you always had very stiff competition. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mad congrats! That was a tough challenge-- there were so many weeks!!! Hope you had fun, and enjoy the prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Congrats, it was very well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats shanni. Some fabulous sewing from all contestants and you did an amazing job. I have the fast track fitting class and have to confess I was bored and haven't got passed the first 2 classes. Will look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats again my dear! I just LOVE your floral wiggle dress.

    ReplyDelete