What a long strange trip it's been....

Thursday, November 07, 2013

happy dance gif photo: Cat Happy Dance Dancing Rock n Roll Party Cats icon icons emoticon emoticons animated animation animations gif gifs kitten kittens animal animals cats38.gif
Doin' da Happy Dance!
 
Hello! Just a quick note to thank everyone for their support and tell you all I made it to the final challenge of the FM Fabricista Challenge! I'm excited, shocked and nervous but still managed to do a happy dance.  There will be 3 of us sewing our way to first place.  I never wanted to think of this as a competition, just a fun way to challenge myself and sew alongside some other talented ladies.  A way to prove to myself that I AM good enough.  A challenge it certainly has been and I've learned a lot.



On another note you've noticed by now I've redesigned my blog.  I just added an about me widget to my sidebar.  This has been the one item on the new design I created myself (I purchased the rest of my template on Etsy).  It was pretty easy (even for a html noob like myself) and will do a tutorial soon as some of you stated you'd be interested in those types of things. 

So what kind of fun projects have you been working on lately?

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. I feel some much the same way about the competition... I was just driving back from the fabric store thinking about how I've challenged myself to try new things in this whole fabricista challenge (that cape I did, I'd have never done that before this... And I've worn it several times already and love it!) The one thing that has driven me nuts is that I can't order all my fabrics online for the challenges because of the time constraints... but that just pushes me to get creative with what's in reach. P.S. Your new blog layout... super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are doing so awesome in the challenge! Your blog is adorable and cute and all that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaayyyy!!!!!! I'm not surprised. You totally deserve to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you needed a competition to demonstrate how good you are, your work is always gorgeous. I love the look of your blog, I never realized you could buy templates on Etsy (I'm off now to the time vacuum that is Etsy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you got to the final! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why thank you! I tend to be a little to hard on myself at times! I love Etsy! Lots of cute templates on there. I got mine from 17th Avenue Design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone has done awesome in this challenge! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woohoo! Congrats--you've been rockin the sewing challenges. Can't wait to see your final garment. I'm working on my second version of a faux leather purse. fun stuff… learning lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've really been enjoying your makes- great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Shanni! Could you hear me cheering you on over here?!! I loved all your makes! I'm gonna grab one of those buttons ..maybe one day I figure out how to get one of my own :) Keep up the fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds cool! Can't wait to see how it turns out. I've been wanting to make a purse for while now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank ya! Wish I could say I made that button myself but I bought it when I got my template. I'm sure you could find a tutorial on how to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! That's super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Shanni!!! Happy dance Kitty is happy for you! Your good enough, and we like you! I love Stuart. :) I always love your makes, you have a terrific sense of style and an excellent sewist!

    ReplyDelete