A Lame Me Made May ~ Week 3

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Well I fell off the MMM wagon this week.  I only wore one me made item this week and my goal was at least two items a week.  I guess I could count my handmade towel turbie wrap thingy but that would only add to the lameness and you seen it last week. 

Friday was tough for me as I got ready that morning and I had two me made skirt options.  The first try on was my polka dot Simplicity skirt.     I got a ton of wear out of this last year.  I was unaware that I had shrunk any since then because it's now too big around the waist and needs taken in..
Shannon: 0, WIP pile: + 1

My next go to option was another skirt, one of my first mades, the Lisette Continental skirt seen here in a crappy mirror shot (and unblogged).  Again too big around the waist and the hem was coming undone...
Shannon: 0, WIP pile: +2.

Continental skirt

So feeling defeated (not helping was the fact I woke up on the wrong side of the bed) I just threw on some RTW items.  If you follow me on Instagram you can see my lunch hour was spent making my day better.

Here is the one item I did manage to wear on Monday...

Me Made May Day 14
New Look 6110 blogged here

I love this top so much and if I could find more of this exact fabric I'd buy it and make me another.  Hard to tell in the picture but this is definitely showing some wear.  

One last bit of lameness. I've had this beauty sitting on my counter since Friday.


Yes it still sits there unopened. I know, wtf!?  This box holds all the fabric I picked out using my $200 gift card I won by displaying the "I Sew Mood" badge on my blog.  I thought it would be fun to do an unboxing video.  Would you like to see what I got and what I plan to do with it?  I've got a couple days off the end of the week and it would be the perfect time for me to film a video without fear of my husband walking in and making fun of me every 5 minutes.

I spent my weekend doing some unselfish sewing.  I altered some shirts for my Daddy-O.  They were his work shirts and he accidentally ordered long sleeve.  Since they are embroidered with his name he couldn't send them back so I made them into short sleeve shirts.  It was a fairly easy project and I was happy I could do it for him.

How was your weekend? Any selfish or unselfish sewing??

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ooh, I can't wait to see what you ordered!! I spent the weekend sewing for my next Mood Sewing Network post, but I was really tired and coming down with a cold, so I didn't finish and now I'll probably be up half the night, ugh! I'm planning to do some unselfish sewing this week, though, as it's hubby's birthday on Monday and I should probably make him the tie I started two years ago!

    ReplyDelete