New Look 6110 - Spring Top Sew Along Entry!!!

Monday, April 09, 2012


I finally got my first ever shirt done!!  I ran home from work in a frenzy to get it done before the sun went down so I could get some pictures in it outside on our deck.  My husband had no clue that when I began sewing he would become a photographer.

I used New Look 6110.  I thought it looked easy enough for my first try.  This is a great pattern for a beginner.  Easy to understand and can be completed in a day.  The only problems I had was with the gathering.  I don't know why I can't get the hang of gathering.  I'm always pulling to hard breaking my thread.  For a quick and easy way to gather that saved me and won't break your thread look here.

How cute it is! I just love the fabric print.


I'm so proud of myself! I even did a french seam on the side seams.  I think it's a pretty good fit.  It even has a belt but I like it better without.  I'm entering this in the Made By Rae Spring Top Sewalong.


What shall I create next???

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. That is super cute! I love the fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on it. Love the fabric, good luck in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty :) You know, I think loose fitting stuff is great for beginners. I've been too ambitious I think...very fitted garments=super hard, lol. This looks great :) What a cool print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love that print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I wish I could sew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pattern is very unique, it's nice not seeing floral and stripes for a change lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. And I also love your huge backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so cute! I just cut out this pattern and am so glad to see such a nice version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I can't wait to see yours! I'm now a follower!

      Delete
  9. Adorable!!! I'm following your link from Pattern Review and love the fabric you chose.
    I'm actually making one for myself right now and having a really difficult time with the neckline. I wondered if other people were having the same problem. It looks like I'm the only one having this problem. I probably just need to ignore my kids for 5 minutes and actually read the instructions!!! Keep up the great sewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had trouble attaching the neckline too mainly because I'm so inexperienced. I had to read the instructions over and over and watch you tube videos before it finally just clicked in my head. Don't give up you'll get it!

      Delete
  10. Great job! I just made view E. I really like this pattern, but I don't think my neckline worked out as well as yours though.

    http://sarahdudik.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/jungle-print-shirt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that fabric! I made a dress out if it. Also... is that really your back yard?! So jealous! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete